CALYPSO FISHERMAN'S LODGE is located in Puerto Viejo, Vargas State, Venezuela, 100 meters away from Marina Playa Grande & Resort.
· With a privileged location, Calypso Fisherman's Lodge is only 5 minutes away from Maiquetía International Airport and 30 minutes away from La Guaira’s El Placer (the La Guaira Bank), known as the "Grand Slam capital of the world". It offers unmatched opportunities for catching three types of large, billfish species: blue marlin, white marlin and sailfish. The area has gained worldwide acclaim for its abundant resources for sport fishing. The lodge offers several fishing boats for charter. An additional advantage is that it is relatively close to Marina Playa Grande & Resort and the Playa Grande Yachting Club.
· The main room and the restaurant of this thematic lodge are decorated with marine and African safari hunters’ trophies, as well as Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Italian and Spanish antiques, creating a uniquely original atmosphere.
· In building this guest facility, a large house dating to the 1950’s was completely remodeled, while still trying to preserve its original beauty and enlarging it to add 10 rooms and two suites, as well as a kitchen, a restaurant, laundry, storage areas, refrigerators, iceboxes, freezers and areas for service personnel.
· A beautiful artificial waterfall splashes from the roof of the main house down to a swimming pool, creating a tropical atmosphere with lush foliage that makes visitors feel like they’re in another world.
· This lodge has been conceived for the most demanding clientele. Visitors will enjoy delicious haute-cuisine dishes prepared with top-quality products, including international menus and local seafood specialties. To fulfill all of our clients’ needs, the house also offers catering or banquet services upon request.
· On the premises, there is a water spring maintained in accordance with international sanitation standards, as well as a small orchard for growing aromatic herbs, lemon and avocado, among others. Surrounded by an electrified fence, the facility has four CANTV telephone lines and it will soon count on broadband and WiFi Internet connections.
· Despite its proximity to the Tacagua brook, it is located in the safest area in case of floods, since the channeling of the brook was constructed by experts from the European Union and Corpovargas.
· It has valid licenses with broad coverage, including liquor sales, Industry and Trade operations, occupancy, fire alarm system and sanitation.
· Its client portfolio includes contacts made with U.S. and European sport fishing community.
· 10 DOUBLE ROOMS: Rooms with two full-size beds (1.4 m wide). Bathrooms with two separate spaces: WC and shower in one space and wash-hand basin on the other. Air conditioning, cable TV, telephone line, closet and coffee maker.
· MAIN HALL: Lobby for guests, equipped with comfortable armchairs. Indoor and swimming pool bar service. The walls are decorated with African game mounts, blue marlin, white marlin, sailfish and sharks, as well as hippopotamus and warthogs tusks. Bronze plaques identify each one of the species, the place where they came from and the hunter. The floor is decorated with leopard and zebra skin rugs. There is also a beautiful table made of elephant legs. There is also has a gallery of photos about hunting and fishing, taken in tournaments at Playa Grande Yachting Club, such as the famous PGYC Grand Slam and others. The hall includes an exhibition of Chinese artworks, Italian Capodimonte porcelains and Jade pieces, as well as Portuguese and bacarat vases. There are also two elephant tusks mounted on bronze and ebony bases, an Egyptian arm display case made of wood and glass, and a Portuguese 6.5 Spingarda built by Ammunition Fabriken Berlin in 1904, among other pieces.
· DINING HALL: The dining hall seats 35 and has a small bar. It is decorated with jungle and marine mounts, an Indian batik painting, a Venetian mirror and a small wine rack.
· KITCHEN: Conceived with a “homey” design, the kitchen can also be used by the guests. It has industrial equipment and various areas for food preparation and service, a stove, a burner, a double boiler, an area for food presentation, dishwasher, and complete sets of dishes, cutlery and tablecloths. It has direct access to the food storage area.
· For our guests’ enjoyment, the swimming pool is integrated with a natural scenery that includes a waterfall and rocks. Its pumps are located in an area separated by a hedge. Sun loungers are also available.
· BAR / CANEY:
· Bar-type “caney” with 12 fixed stools. Service provided from internal bar at tables by the swimming pool deck.
· The architectonic integration of the lush tropical vegetation surrounding the lodge provides a beautiful landscape for the delight of our guests.
· SERVICE AREAS
· The laundry area has washing and dryer machines and a closet. It is managed by the housekeeper. Service for customers includes collection of clothes used in fishing activities every afternoon, in order to have them clean and ready for the next day.
· KITCHEN SUPPORT AREA:
· Area for food storage, refrigerated cellar for wine, six-door fridge, -20º C freezer room and dish storage.
· LOCKER ROOMS AND RESTROOMS FOR EMPLOYEES:
· They include showers and lockers for rotational employees.
· HOUSEKEEPER’S ROOM:
· Room for overnight stay for service and maintenance personnel. It includes a WC, a shower and a closet.
· Office space for administrative personnel of the lodge, including safe deposit boxes and a telephone exchange.
· OTHER AREAS FOR EQUIPMENT STORAGE:
· Air conditioning equipment, hydroneumatic units, areas for cleaning product storage, among others.
· PARKING LOT:
· Capacity for 4 Sedan models, 1 Van for guests and a pickup truck for cargo transport.